Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Awesome.

Everything about Crossfit Milford is awesome. However, their coaches and my fellow athletes are above and beyond any word that I can come up with to describe them.

Last week, I had a rough workout (see previous post) and it really got me down. I vented on facebook, thinking I would get a few likes. Within 10 minutes, my status blew up...even people I am not friends with were commenting on it (which reminds me, I need to take a look at my privacy settings...). Jay--Crossfit Milford's owner cheered me up...along with his wife Jocelyn, a few coaches and a handful of my fellow athletes. I was honestly shocked at how much love I received. Even in the coming days, people were coming up to me at the gym letting me know how much of a beast I am and that I had no reason to ever feel the way I did.

So this is me saying thank you. Your words and ecouragement made me feel like a million bucks--or more like a billion, in this economy. That day is only but a memory and something I will never dwell on again.

Also, an extra huge shout out to coach Gina. This woman stood by me the whole workout to cheer me on. She even got me a cute present to cheer me up a few days later. The Book of Awesome. A journal to write down everything that is awesome about my life...from the little things, to the big things. It is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've gotten in a while. This blog is going to be filled with my journal entries from that book, just a warning.

And that, my loyal readers, is why I have no fucking problem spending $160 on my gym membership. My gym gives me hope and encouragement rather than bagels and tootsie rolls. That chick next to you on the treadmill isn't going to give enough of a shit to take her eyes of her "People Magazine" to tell you to keep pushing through a tough workout. But I know damn well that my friends at CFM will take a few extra minutes out of their day to make sure I go to bed with my head held high.

So, again, thank you. You're all awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment