Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lesson learned.


Last night I learned that I give up on myself way too easily.

If you are one of the two people who always read my posts, you will remember that workout I recently wrote about where I ended the night in tears. Thrusters and burpees.

Well, the workout made its way back. I really thought I was going to have more time to prepare for that beast again but I was mistaken. Last night’s workout was slightly different but still a beast.

-25 thrusters @ 85lbs (RX was 95 but I had pulled a muscle in my groin and squatting just wasn’t pleasant at all)
-40 no pushup burpee box jump

I did my workout outside for a few reasons—A. I’m stuck in an office for 8 hours a day so if it’s nice out, my ass is working out outside. B. The gym was wicked crowded. C. I didn’t want to feel rushed seeing everyone else finishing before me.

Well, Jay (head coach and owner of the gym) decided to stay for the class and found me outside. I was at 20 thrusters when he came out…and he didn’t leave my side once. He had me knock out the last 5 unbroken—I probably would have done 2 and then 3.

I was only allowed 3 breaths between 10 sets of box jumps. Normally, I would stop after about 5 reps, stand there panting like an idiot for a minute, then do another 5. I knocked out 40 of them without much stopping; something I would have never done had I been out there by myself.  

So on my run home, I reflected on the beating. Why do I give up so easily? If my body is physically able, and someone else is able to see that, why can’t I see it for myself?

I do it with more than just random workouts. I do it with my weight loss as well. I dropped 70lbs, gained back 20 of them…and haven’t been able to lose said 20lbs for the past year. I dropped 70lbs!! And I’m having trouble with 20! Where’s my drive? I used to be unstoppable.

I’ve got my eye on another 52lbs to get to a total loss of 100lbs. I need my spark back.

 

Another reflection I had when I was working out…I need new underwear. This granny panty shit just ain’t cute when it’s hanging out of the top of my pants or giving my giant wedgies. Then again, it’s never really cute is it….


No comments:

Post a Comment