Thursday, April 18, 2013

Poop.

Well, I feel like complete doo-doo today.

Yesterday afternoon, I could feel my head starting to get really tense. You know the feeling...like your head is about explode. For me, it only means one thing. My body is about to start fighting off something nasty.

Once I got home, I felt like I got hit by a bus, and I feel the same today. My throat is sore and scratchy--almost like I've been swallowing razor blades. My body is aching...even my hair hurts. Is that weird? Whatever.

But, I'm a stubborn German and still went to work. My mother raised us with the notion that you can only stay home from school if you were throwing up. This rule kind of stuck with me into adulthood. Besides, sick days should be saved for when it's really really nice out and you just don't want to go to work. Today is supposed to be cloudy so I decided to suck it up.

Another issue I'm having is with my knee. Apparently my body thinks I did too much too fast and it decided to stop me in my tracks. With a little help of my boyfriend and good 'old Google, it turns out that I have runners knee; or in my case, 'trying-to-be-a-runners knee'. Nothing like sharp shooting pain when you put any pressure on your knee! So I took a rest day yesterday and will be taking today off for my motorcycle class. I'm hoping to be somewhat better once the 5k this weekend rolls around. We shall see!

Here's to hoping my immune system is as strong as it usually is. And that my knee stops being a complete dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment