Friday, April 12, 2013

Stereotypes.

So, I was in my motorcycle safety class last night and the instructor was talking about when people drop their bikes. He said he has a fool proof way to pick them back up that even us 'ladies' would be able to do.

Bro, do you even lift?

I almost wanted to smack him in the face for 2 reasons. 1). Because he deserves it and 2). so I could literally rub my hand callouses in his face.

I bet I could pick up a heavier bike than most of the guys in my class.

I hate stereotypes against women's strength. Yes, most men are stronger than women, it's a simple fact that I will not argue with. But times are a-changin'! Girls like me are out lifting guys all the time. Get used to it!

Even my gym kind of hates on women sometimes. Why do guys get to row for 30calories and we only have to get to 20? Why are there 'men' and 'women' sandbags? Why do all the girls flock to the sleds with only 45lbs on it? Fuck that, I get in line with the guys pulling 225lbs.

C'mon ladies! Don't be afraid to get stronger, we're all capable of incredible feats!

My favorite quote:

No comments:

Post a Comment