Monday, February 25, 2013

I miss bread.

Bread and I have a very unhealthy relationship. All I do is show it immense and unconditional love and what do I get in return? The total opposite of love in the form of bloat and gas. Yet, I keep going back. Why do us ladies just have to hang on to those who treat us the worst?

Alright, that was a bit over dramatic but you get the idea. Bread makes me feel like poo but sometimes there's nothing better than a warmed dinner roll smothered with sweet cream butter, am I right?

This past weekend I met up with some old friends for lunch. I had promised myself to just get something small and healthy but once I stepped in the restaurant, I saw that they had Gluten Free rolls! Now, they probably weren't 100% paleo, but it was a start. I was so excited to be able to eat a sandwich. They are my favorite. Also, the pizza place we ordered from that night had Gluten Free pizza. I'm loving that this trend is catching on.

More exciting news: I purchased a paleo bread recipe book. There's recipes for dinner rolls, burger buns, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls...I seriously died and went to heaven. But then God was all like "No, its too soon! You must bless people with your baking!" so I came back down.

I've always wanted to open a bakery. And I believe we are in serious need of a place that serves paleo treats?

Side note: I need to get my allergy test done. I'm actually hoping I'm allergic to gluten so I can shove it in my boyfriends face. We're a fun couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment