Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Failure.

Leave it to Biggest Loser to give me another well needed therapy session. When some of the contestants talk about what got them there, what holds them back, I just sit there in tears nodding my head "me too, me too."

Failure. That's the word that rings inside my head constantly. I feel like I haven't ever been a winner.

The workout yesterday...I was one of the first to finish, but I didn't use the RX weight. I can't be happy for the fact that I powered through the workout because I used 10lbs less than I was 'supposed to'. Why can't I be strong AND fast? Why does it always have to be one or the other...Is it weird that I am so hard on myself?

As Crossfit Opens roll around, all I can think about is the opportunity I wasted last year. I was asked by Jay himself to be a part of the Crossfit Milford Team. Did I think he had the wrong email when I opened it and read it? Absolutely. Did I think he was crazy? Absolutely. Did I 100% doubt my talent and ability to be a contributing member of the team? Absolutely. I think I made it through 2 weeks of extra training to prepare for the competition and faded away into the background. I failed. On purpose. Because I was too afraid to fail after putting in so much hard work. I am defeated before I even try.

Sitting in the bleachers watching them at regionals was heartbreaking. I could have been in there. I could have been great.

This mindset of mine needs to stop. How do I make it stop?


Workout yesterday:

5 rounds
12 DL
9 Hang Power Cleans
6 Shoulder to overhead

RX weight was 95 but I used 85. Finished 9:30ish

No comments:

Post a Comment