Monday, March 4, 2013

There's just no way around it...

You just cannot make a healthy and satisfying pizza without real dough and toppings.

I tried out my first recipe from my Paleo Bread book...pizza dough. I was so excited. I LOVE pizza and not being able to eat it whenever I want is really sad. So I gave it a try.

Epic fail.

It tasted like I was eating cheese and sauce on top of a giant dry and grainy almond.

Kudos to my boyfriend who put on a happy face and ate more of his than I did mine. Once he saw me just start to pull off the cheese and bacon to eat it by itself, he finally admitted that it wasn't the greatest tasting. So we hit up Wendy's instead. I got a chili and some chicken nuggets. And we ended up getting free fries. I gave them to my roommate....poor kid.....(see recent post)

I took the cooking failure hard. I have only made one horrible tasting dish before (buffalo chicken meatloaf...dry.as.fuck.) so it didn't feel nice. A big blow to the ego is never fun. It broke my heart throwing out all that uneaten pizza dough since I am a self procclaimed food hoarder (and because almond flour is expensive as shit). I wanted to throw it outside for the animals but my boyfriend insisted that even they wouldn't eat it. He's such a sweetheart sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment