Friday, March 22, 2013

How do you know?

I've been doing alot of nutrition research lately and honestly, my head is spinning from it. Scienitific studies say one thing one day, and then the next day it's saying something else. Low fat is good, now high fat is better. Carbs were the enemy yesterday, but now they are our best friend.

How do you know which scientific finding to stick with?!

Lately, I have been reading up on Carb Back Loading. In a nutshell, its saying to keep carbs low/non existant throughout the day, then hoard on them after your PM workout. They use a lot of big words that I cant recall at the moment as to why this is beneficial, but it kind of makes sense.

I used to be strict paleo. You couldn't even get me to touch a grain of rice. I lost alot of weight and felt really healthy. However, by Wed/Thurs, my workouts were shit. I was spent after just the warm ups. I thought this was normal and that it was okay but come to find out, I was doing more harm to my body than good. And, my weight never stayed off while I was doing paleo. I would eventually have a huge binge fest because my cravings were unbearable.

So this coming week (since I grocery shop on Sundays, testing this week didn't happen) I am going to add more carbs into my dinners. Plus, I'm going to add sweet potato puree to my protein shakes right after my workouts.

We will see how my workouts do after these changes. I'm very curious.

Also, will be staying away from the scale because I know these changes are going to fuck with my numbers and if I don't see progress I usually cut calories like crazy. Bad bad Maurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment