Thursday, May 2, 2013

Auto-Pilot


So, yeah. That was last night's workout.

It took me all day to talk myself into going last night. I finally settled on going with the possibility of doing the Fitness workout instead (no running involved but still a great looking workout). Throughout the whole warm up, I couldn't decide if I should suck it up and do the workout or be a wimp and find an excuse to take the easy way out.

Well, I sucked it up. I told myself that it would be over before I knew it. That all I wanted to get was at least 3 rounds (Coach Migs said to aim for 5 rounds, but in my head I didn't think it was possible for me)

I came back from my 5th round of 400m before the clock ran out...after thinking I was barely going to be able to do 3. I need more confidence in myself. I don't give myself enough credit.

The whole time, I was on auto-pilot. I don't remember thinking about anything. I just remember being out there running and then being finished.

Coach Migs came up to me afterwards and gave a me a solid fish bump; something that has become quite the routine when he coaches the class I take. We talked about how much we both don't like running and he said to me "people like us aren't made to run, we're made to lift some heavy shit!". I say this about myself all the time, so it was nice not to feel so alone about it.

Although, I have to say...I'm hoping that with the Crossfit Endurance training I will be doing, that one day I will be a lot better at running.

No comments:

Post a Comment