Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary!...to me


Today is March 2, 2012 and it is also my 2 year anniversary of my lifestyle change.

Two years ago, I was about 70lbs heavier, severely depressed, and only wanted to get out of bed if it was to stuff my face with some type of carb or baked good. A phone call from my father changed my life (shout out to my daddy! Love you) All it took was for someone to see my spark fade; for someone to show that they were worried for me to snap out of it and make some changes.

I joined the Fitness Edge and dropped 11lbs in less than 2 weeks. I was flying high. I joined their weight loss contest where I was introduced to eating Paleo. 5 months later, I was down 50lbs. I felt amazing but I was getting bored. I knew how to weight train but never wanted to go down to the area because it was always full of guys and I felt like everyone would be watching me. I lived on the treadmill (after finally giving up the stupid elliptical) and hit a plateau.

A month later, I was in my first on ramp class with Colin and Mark. Our workout was squats, sit ups and running. “Running! Nice!” I thought…until I made it back from that first round and realized I was still severely out of shape, even after months on the treadmill.

Fast forward to the present, and I couldn’t imagine spending more than 30 minutes on a treadmill ever again. I couldn’t imagine a workout that didn’t involve a barbell or dumbbell. I love working out. I love feeling like shit after a workout just because I know I’m going to feel amazing an hour later. I love my new friends and support group. I will never give this up. I will never go back to the way I was.

Sometimes I wish I would be further along than I am right now. It has been 2 years and I wanted to be down 100lbs at this point. However, this was the first time in my long fat life that I was able to drop a substantial amount of weight…and keep it off. So that in itself is an accomplishment I am proud of.

2012 will be the year I hit my 100lb loss. It will also be the year I do a strict pull-up, a handstand pushup, a muscle up and wear a tight dress in public (I’ve never made it out of the dressing room in one).

HUGE shout out to my friends at Crossfit Milford…you guys have made my life so much easier just by being the best supporters EVER. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! so awesome about your dad. you're very lucky.

    and i know it'll be the year of your strict pull-up, and everything else. you know i'll be there cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete