Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dreams...ya either love them, or hate them...

My dreams can be pretty ridiculous and last night was no different. They either get me really pumped or completely mind f@*k me. Last night I subconsciously gave my ego a huge and crushing blow. I won’t go into specifics about the dream (trust me, once you find out what it’s about you’ll probably be okay with me sparing the details) so I’ll provide you with an overview, if you will. Basically, I had just gotten done doing the naughty dance with some guy and afterwards he said something to me along the lines of “you might want to do something about that roll of fat you have”. What a douche, right?! Nevertheless, I woke up and my goal of trying to be more confident flew right out the window for the day.
If you’ve ever seen me at the gym, you will notice that I wear baggy everything. I hate tight clothing and I have hated it since I was a kid. It’s actually the reason why I stopped gymnastics and dance at such a young age. Karate, on the other hand, was pretty awesome. Those uniforms were nice and loose, just how I liked it. Anyways, getting back on track…I have always been shy about my body and even still at age 25, not much has changed on that front and having dreams like that definitely doesn’t help my situation.
I have always assumed that people think the worst of me and it’s something I hope to work on during this year long journey. There’s nothing you can do tomorrow that you can’t do today…so here’s to hoping I can brush off the comment that no one other than myself (technically) has said to me and stay on track.
He was a horrible lay anyways!

2 comments:

  1. Always keep in mind..."your opinion of me is none of my business."
    I used to worry about what people thought of me and you know what I got over quick. That doesn't mean that when I'm jumping around and my shirt flies up I don't worry about my flabby stomach traumatizing someone. I do! But just general everyday stuff...Brush it off your shoulder, especially when it's come dumb guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good quote, thank you! Luckily it was just a dream but I guess getting over something someone says to me in a dream will help me get better at getting over things people say to me in real life lol

    ReplyDelete